Black Candies: Gross and Unlikeable // WOMEN
Now available: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0997949902/
Here at Black Candies, we’re always striving to create a better platform for women writers, who are often underrepresented in horror, genre, and speculative outlets. For this special issue of Black Candies, guest-edited by Natanya Ann Pulley, we exclusively feature work from those who identify as women.
Black Candies: Surveillance is now available.
We’re never alone. Paranoia has replaced privacy. Secrets are the new currency. The strangers who watched from the street now watch from within. For our third issue of Black Candies, we found 11 smart, terrifying stories that explore the theme of “Surveillance” in explicit, implicit and abstract ways. These stories not only touch on the contradiction of the securities of our modern era, but unearth the deeper terror, paranoia, and anxiety that results. Featuring fiction from: Angus McIntyre, Valerie E. Polichar, Julia Evans, Gabriela Santiago, Melissa Gutierrez, Berit Ellingsen, Jake Arky, Matt Lewis, Chris Curtis, Kevin Sampsell, Ron Gutierrez, and Wade Pavlick.
Black Candies is a literary journal dedicated to evolving and advancing the beloved horror genre. Each edition is themed, with special editorial attention paid to soliciting works from new voices, many of whom have published previously in other realms.
- Read an interview with editor Ryan Bradford here.
- Visit Black Candies: Surveillance on Goodreads.
- A treatise of sorts on the why’s and what-for’s of Black Candies can be found by the series editor and creator, Ryan Bradford, here.
- SALE! Get super cheap deals on bundles of the Black Candies series.
- Purchase prior issues of Black Candies here.