The Far East Project wants you to send us the images that best capture the soul of east county as you see it. Scanned family photos, portraits, landscapes of places, we want it all. Whether you shot on an expensive SLR, used your cellphone’s camera, or broke out the photo album and started scanning, you can help us in our mission to create a living people’s history of San Diego’s East County.
Chosen entries will be printed and displayed at showcases and galleries throughout the fall and winter of 2012, as part of El Cajon and La Mesa Centennial celebrations, Far East performance showcases, and future print publications.
Guidelines and info:
- All photos should be submitted in jpeg format.
- Include a brief written description of the image’s significance, or its back-story, in the comments section of the online submission form.
- State the specific physical location in which the photo was taken as well.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Submissions must be received by Sunday, October 7th to be considered for 2012 activities.