***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 10TH***
Announcing the brand new, first ever So Say We All Literary Prize in Fiction! One first place winner will receive a $250 prize and publication online and in print. We are excited to explore this realm. And! We are extra excited (and feeling a bit fannish) because our inaugural contest will be judged by the amazing Leesa Cross-Smith.
Leesa Cross-Smith is the author of Every Kiss a War and the editor of WhiskeyPaper. Her work has appeared in Best Small Fictions. She loves baseball and musicals. Find more @ LeesaCrossSmith.com and WhiskeyPaper.com.
- We are looking for fiction short stories
- Surprise us. We want your beautiful, your weird, your uncouth, your unexpected, your experiments, your sadness, your joy, your fear. Story is our currency here: give us characters we can’t forget doing things we can’t forget.
- Length: under 3,000 words please.
- Please make sure your submission does not have your name or any identifying information in the attachment
- One story per $10 entry fee. Multiple submissions are fine, as long as each is its own entry with its own $10 entry fee.
- Simultaneous submissions are also just fine. However, if your work gets picked up elsewhere, please withdraw immediately. Entry fees are, regretfully, not refundable.
- Submission window: 1/15/17 – 5/10/17
- ***EXTENDED DEADLINE: May 10th at 11:59 PM pacific time!***
Deadline: April 30th, 2017 at 11:59 PM pacific time
- $10 entry fee
- $250 prize for one first place winner
- Blind submission process! No names in your files!
- The winner’s story will be illustrated, published in The Radvocate Issue Fifteen, and published online on our website.
- The top five finalists will also be published in The Radvocate Issue Fifteen.
- All contest entries will be considered for publication in The Radvocate Issue Fifteen.
- We love you and cannot wait to read your work and share it with Leesa.
Ready? SUBMIT HERE.
Here’s a little bit more about our judge:
Leesa Cross-Smith is a homemaker and writer from Kentucky. She is the author of Every Kiss a War (Mojave River Press, 2014). Every Kiss a War was a finalist for both the Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction (2012) and the Iowa Short Fiction Award (2012). Her short story “Whiskey & Ribbons” won Editor’s Choice in the Raymond Carver Short Story Contest (2011) and was listed as a notable story for storySouth‘s Million Writers Award. She is a consulting editor for Best Small Fictions 2017. Her work has appeared in Best Small Fictions 2015, SmokeLong Quarterly, Little Fiction, Wigleaf Top 50, Longform Fiction, Carve Magazine, Hobart, NANO Fiction, Monkeybicycle, Pithead Chapel, Gigantic Sequins, Folio, American Short Fiction (online), Midwestern Gothic, Juked, Word Riot, Sundog Lit, The Rumpus, and many others. She and her husband Loran run a literary magazine called WhiskeyPaper.
Send Leesa your brightest stars. You got this.
If you like what we do at So Say We All, a literary non-profit and small press, please consider becoming a sustaining member for as little as $5 per month. Details here.