Join So Say We All this Thursday, August 27th at 8:30 pm for our August VAMP Showcase, featuring curated stories on the theme of “Red Flags.”
Red flags, red lights, red tape. These things are supposed to warn us but sometimes we don’t pay attention. Join us for an evening of stories about gut instincts, warning lights, and that one time we just.didn’t.listen.
Our blind submission process featured more brave and wonderful submissions than we’ve ever seen before. Here’s who got caught in the net this month:
Featuring VAMP first-timers:
- Becca Karpinski, with an inspiring and, at times, difficult story of travel, risk-taking, and mothering
- Michelle Franke, PEN USA’s Executive Director, regales us with a tale of class, privilege, period wear
- Jean Guerrero, from the KPBS Fronteras Desk, with a heartbreaking tale about the past, family, and, naturally, about VHS
- Rachel Peschman, another VAMP first-timer, with a story of two troubled people navigating a troubled love.
And storytellers who have been on our stage once before, or maybe a dozen times before:
- Anastasia Zadeik, with a stunning story about loss, memory, and family
- Long-time VAMP performer and producer Ed Farragut will tell a story about a particularly gnarly work environment
- So Say We All’s co-founder Jake Arky rolls back into town with an unsettling story about someone he was crazy for
- and Jennifer Stiff, who has graced our stage several times with her incredibly funny yet intimate stories, with a harrowing tale of preventive measures.
Our Red Flags showcase is produced by Whitney Roux and Matt Lewis.
VAMP Showcase: “Red Flags”
Thursday, August 27th
8:30pm – 10:00pm
Whistle Stop Bar
2236 Fern St, San Diego, CA 92104
$5 suggested donation