First Things First:
1) So Say We All reserves the right to request edits, change technical concepts, and assume artistic control of any pieces accepted for an SSWA show.
2) So Say We All reserves the right to enforce its “Big Kid Rule,” wherein artists who work with us are expected to behave like adults at all times, maintaining a professional bearing and dignity which includes but is not limited to:
- Not throwing temper tantrums
- Meeting deadlines and arriving to engagements on-time
- Accepting notes and suggestions gracefully
- Never appearing to rehearsals or performances intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Understanding production decisions are made to benefit the show and are never personal
Failure to comply with “The Big Kid Rule” may result in expulsion from a show, blacklisting by the San Diego Creative Community, and ostracization by friends, family and lovers.
All So Say We All shows are professionally recorded for rebroadcast and internet streaming. By submitting to a SSWA show, you agree that any recordings of your performance at an SSWA show are the property of SSWA.
- You can submit to any of our shows via our Submittable account. Just be sure to indicate which show you’re submitting to in the comments section or in the title of the piece.
- Deadlines are listed on the upcoming events pages. It pays to be early so send us your work as soon as possible!
- Average length of literary works are suggested to be more or less five-minutes long when read – essentially 4-6 double spaced pages written in 12pt. font – but we will consider longer pieces that merit the additional time.
- Writers commit to attending at least 1 group critique session and 1 personal session prior to a show, and to delivering a rewrite by show date based on notes given.
- Short stories, poems, monologists, musicians, photographs, fine arts, puppeteers, balloon animal artists, and any other disciplines we’ve forgot to mention are encouraged to submit!
- Details about upcoming shows, including dates and venues, can be found here.
Upcoming Submission deadlines
- February VAMP: “Dirty Talk vol.2″ – Monday, February 4th
- March VAMP: “Me vs. Me.com” – Monday, March 4th
- April VAMP: “It Was Just A Phase” – Monday, April 1st
- May VAMP: “America’s F*&$% City” – Monday, May 7th
- June VAMP: “That’s My Jam” – Monday, June 3rd
- July VAMP: “They Had It Coming” – Monday, July 1st
- August VAMP: “Selling Out” – Monday, August 5th
- September VAMP: “Trouble In Paradise” – Monday, September 2nd
- October VAMP: “Mob Rules” – Monday, October 7th